- Tell us something about yourself
I have done MMS in finance, AFP, UGC NET.
- Tell us something about your college
Jai Hind College is well-known for its cleanliness, better infrastructure facility, encouraging students not only to improve in their academics also to participate in extra-curricular activities through festivals.
- When did you join the teaching profession? What inspired you to choose this line?-
5 years back, my senior professor inspired me.
- Which subjects do you teach? What do you love most?
I teach accounts and finance.
- What is your teaching philosophy?
Making concepts easy and simple so that it could be understood by students from varied backgrounds.
- There is a shortage of eminent professors at bachelors’ level management. With more and more institutes joining the professional courses bandwagon, do you think professional / self-financing courses will become yet another Bcom?
I don’t think so.
- Today, we often come across students committing suicide out of failure, depression or tension of exams. What do you have to say about this?
There need to be proper mentoring, inspiration to be provided by every teacher to the students so that they can discuss their problems which they can not disclose during the lecture. There should be a strong student teacher bond in college.
- A famous quote says “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others”. What would you like to say on this?
- Who would you call as the best student so far in your memory?
All my students are the best. The best students are those who are attentive in my lecture and have discipline for teachers.
- One touching incident that happened with you in your teaching career?
- What message would you like to give to the young students?
All the best to all my students.
Keep rising higher .
Believe that ‘you will and you can’
Thanks on behalf of the readers, we wish you the best for all your future endeavors.
INTERVIEW TAKEN BY VANITA GODWANI, JAI HIND COLLEGE